Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

refresh data in a listbox - FP2.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelindaPeirce

Programmer
Nov 30, 2001
US
I have a FP2.6 app that has a form with 3 listboxes on it. The data source for the boxes are arrays. I would like to modify the array in the second two boxes after the user makes a selection in the first box. Basically, the first selection will limit the valid selections from the second box, and the second selection will limit the valid selections from the third box.
I can rebuild the actual array, but I can't seem to re-display the new information on the screen.
Anyone know how to do this?

thanks
Melinda

Sorry didn't complete the information I posted...

Have you tried &quot;SHOW GET <YourVarHere>&quot; where the variable is the one given to the second or third list box?

Marka1966

Yes, I had tried that, but I have since realized that my array is not rebuilding the way I expected it to. I will try the show get again, if I can actually get the array rebuilt correctly. Now I am trying to clear the existing array and release all like <arrayname> doesn't seem to work. (worked in command, but not when I run it in the program... hmmmm)

I put it in the &quot;when&quot; clause and it seems to work great now.

thanks everyone for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back