Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refocusing the Gantt Chart dispaly to the 'Current Date Area' via the Quick Access Tool Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

0sprey

Technical User
May 9, 2015
CA
To quickly "refocus" the Gantt Chart display to the 'Current Date Area' I have added the 'Go To...' command to the Quick Access Toolbar.
In using this technique there are four clicks required to get the refocus completed.
Instead of 'Go To...', is there another command that I could use that would accomplish the same task by just one only click on the Quick Access Toolbar ?

PS : Seems a bit fussy , however I do use the 'Go To...' button on the Quick Access Toolbar often and so this change would save a lot if time & clicking in the long run.
It would be helpful during presentations as well.

How about a custom QAT button?

Just curious, what do each of the 4 clicks accomplish?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Thanks Skip.... do you mean creating a macro to perform the tasks and adding it as a button the QAT?

I have 12 month project and often I am viewing the Gantt chart in a 2-3 week display window in various areas over the timeframe.

Click1 - Opens the “Go To” Dialog Box
Click2 – Selects the Drop Down Date Display
Click3 – Selects the Current date
Click4 – OK
Returns me the Gantt chart with the focus of the display now on the Current date area

Yes, that's what I was thinking.

On the other hand, there are many other QAT commands available. You ought to browse what's available before trying to invent something that might already be there.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back