Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

refilling dropdownlist on another page

Status
Not open for further replies.

StylizIT

Programmer
Dec 4, 2003
NL
Hi guys, I'm developing an asp.net application and I'm having trouble finding a solution for refilling my dropdownlist. I've created a function for filling the dropdownlist, but when I open a popupwindow and add more items to the drop downlist and then close the popup, I can't allow the main screen to be reloaded completely, so I just need to refresh/refill the dropdownlist only, instead of the whole page.

the problem I'm encountering is that I can't access my function on page1 trough the popup window, and I'm having trouble finding a correct solution.

Anyone got some idea's?

thanks in advance

You can better regret that you have done something than regret the fact you done nothing

Sty:

"...I can't allow the main screen to be reloaded completely, so I just need to refresh/refill the dropdownlist only..."

Sounds like you want to avoid a post-back but it would be rather difficult to re-load your dropdownlist without a postback to the server - unless you use a java routine to do so?? Interesting question. Perhaps an IFrame around the dropdownlist, so you can post-back without posting back the entire page. I'd do a little research into java routines - and also, recently here at tek-tips, there was a solution posted for dragging one value from one dropdown to another, there might be something there for you. I saved that solution so I'll try and dig it up for you.

thanks Isadore, I'm gonna do some research on java those routines, and wait for that solution that was posted.

You can better regret that you have done something than regret the fact you done nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back