Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refering to other pages, possible in CS2? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinMoore

Technical User
May 13, 2006
SE
Goodday!

I've for quite a time tried to find answers to my question, with no luck.

What I am trying to do is to refering to other pages with pagenumbers that updates when target page is changed.
This is how I mean to do it:

"The cars on page 23 are all bluemetallic."

In this case, pagenumber "23" is the reference to the target page which ofcourse also is "23", so when I move the target page 23 to 128 for an example, the reference should also change automatically to 128, so it shows:

"The cars on page 128 are all bluemetallic."

I would also need it to work with several references in the same text frame, example:

"The cars on page 4, 16, 17 and 250 are all bluemetallic."

The reference and the target does not necessarily have to be working links which can be clicked on in a PDF but is nice if it does, it would be enough that the reference page numberings are updated automatically when the target page is moved.

Is this really possible in InDesign CS2? I think this should be a very basic feature which indeed is often used when writing factual books etc.

Any help is appreciated!

Best regards,

Martin

I've found an answer to this now.

If there's anyone who's interested, a very good script does the job really good, it works just perfect!

Please read the instructions before you begin using it, once you've learned it's the easiest thing in the world.

Good luck you other ones who struggles with the same problem!

Regards,
Martin

Thanks!

I haven't had the chance to try it yet but this should save quite a bit of time.

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back