Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Referential Integrity greyed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaintedFlames

Programmer
Jan 28, 2005
CA
Hey everyone,
I'm still stuck on the same problem, but I'm trying out different things. If you want to check out what the problem is click here . Anyways, I was reading out what I might want to try and one of those things was Referential Integrity. But when I go to add those options to my relationship, all 3 options are greyed out. Any ideas?

Thanks

-Jay

Does have both table PrimaryKeys ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Hey PH,
yeah they do, those are the fields I'm trying to join.

Thanks

-Jay

Joing Primary field to Primary field?

Becareful here. This will be a one-to-one relationship, usually reserved for special circumstances. For example tblEmployeePublic captures public data, and tblEmployeePrivate captures confidential data. tblEmployeePublic would have EmployeeID as the primary key with Autonumber, and tblEmployeePrivate would have EmployeeID as the primary key but would be defined by a long integer.

...Moving on
Are you trying to join tables from the front end databases. The tables are liked to the back end. You can not enforce referential integrity on a linked table.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back