Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reference path to a library is not updating?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgupta76

Programmer
Nov 26, 2003
US
I have a reference to a library which is on a network share drive. I now switched servers to need to change the path of the reference library but it won't change. Everytime I try to browse to the new network location it keeps the old one unchanged. How can I fix this? Is there a way to delete a reference from the references window and start from scratch to add a new one?

Thanks much,

Unchecking a reference doesn't do anything unless you click the OK button. The references dialog is a bit finicky, so you have to de-select the reference, click OK, then open the dialog again to set the new reference.

VBSlammer
redinvader3walking.gif

"You just have to know which screws to turn." - Professor Bob

I tried that probably 20 times but still doesn't remove the reference to the old network location. I tried adding the library from the new network location but it doesn't update the reference location.

Is it because the reference is an 'exe' file and not a 'dll' file? Maybe it's registering the 'exe' file somewhere and is not updating its location???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back