Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redundent IVR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quasitek

Technical User
Mar 3, 2003
US
Hello all,

Here's the current scenario:

1.DID 555-5000 is dialed
2.Call comes into my Option 81, Rls. 25.40, PRI T-1 card.
3.Call goes to dummy ACD DN 5000 which is NCFW to DN 4020.
4.DN 4020 represents 1st analog port of 24 ports on Lineside T-1 going into DAISI IVR.

If the DAISI goes down,(which it do) my customer wants the calls to go to a "back-up DAISI". Help!

Could you create a Phantom 500 port in place of the Dummy ACDN 5000 with .....
FTR DCFW 4 4020
FTR CFW 4
HUNT xxxx
FDN xxxx
where xxxx = the "Backup DAISI" DN
When 4020 is busy or ring no answer the HUNT FNA kicks in. You can then also manually set the callforward to go to the backup using remote call forward which cuts out the time for ring no answer to kick in.

My "dummy" ACD Que represents the DID of 555-5000.

how abt creating a group hunt. Having the first number as 4020 and second the number of ur back up IVR.
If the first does not answer call will go to second.

not sure if this will work.
still u can try,

my 2 cents

Regards
panky

DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF IVR YOU ARE USING, BUT WE HAVE THE IVR LOG THE AGENTS FROM THE LINESIDE T1 IN AND OUT, WE HAVE 2 IVR'S SIDE BY SIDE, ALL CALLS GO INTO BOTH IVR . NOW THIS IS THEORY AND I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL DO THIS IF THERE IS TROUBLE IN IVR ONE IT WILL LOG THE AGENTS OFF SENDING ALL CALLS TO THE SECOND IVR. BUT OF COURSE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT A SOFTWARE SALESPERSON, THEY COULD THEY ICE TO AN ESKIMO

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Well, here is what DAISI says. They can send a switchook/flash plus dial the analog Nortel agent log-in code and go back out and go to the 2nd DAISI. If they can do that, then things are cake. Seems it will be about 3/4 weeks before this happens....so I'll post the results. Tahnks for everyone's input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back