Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redundancy on 3850 to Cisco ASR 1001-X

Status
Not open for further replies.

chieftan

MIS
Dec 18, 2002
GB
Hi

Question: Is there a way of performing redundancy from 1 3850 to 2 separate ASR 1001-X please?

Explanation: Currently, default route set to pass voip traffic through one port on the 3850 to 1 ASR 1001-X. This means that of there is a BGP blip or a port (physical) failure, all traffic is dropped. I have a second link to another ASR 1001-X but it is not utilised because of this default route. I fully understand I can use the following:

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 10

As this will create a back up route. The problem with this is that it is only from a physical perspective and not able to know if a problem exists at a protocol level on the far side of the ASR 1001-X. If a problem exists, I need to configure the switch so that it transmits the voice data to the second port on the other ASR 1001-X.

Any help appreciated please.

Would GLBP help? If so, would need to be configured on ASRs? I don't want load balancing, simply redundancy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back