Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redundancy and Encryption - Nicelog 8.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

osanpj27

Technical User
Oct 11, 2013
SG
Hi Guys,

I have a few things to accomplish for our Nicelog system.

I basically have a Nicelog 8.9 recording BT turrets. My challenges:

1. How do I do redundancy? We have a setup in our main office that has 1 of 2 operational logger doing the recording. Can I place the other spare to another building and replicate all the real time calls? This is so if there's anything that happens to the main building, we will still be able to access the other recorder.
2. We have offsite AIT tapes, what is the most efficient way of having them encrypted?

Thanks in advance.

John

sounds like you need a disaster recovery plan. unfortunately 8.9 is sunset so you are limited with yuor options. in latest 4.1 you could have a active-standby solution

Hi nice12345,

Definitely upgrade will address item 1. But any idea on item 2?

TIA.

John

hi what is your retention for your business? as the calls were archived to AIT Tape they were written i presume a long time ago, they are in NICE format, there not archived as WAV files. Best way would be to look forward as latest NICe solution offer full encryption. Alternatively store the Tapes in a secure location and make an audit of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back