Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reducing size and centering to page

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisleigh

Technical User
Nov 26, 2009
US
Hoping you can help me, I am desperate! I have been working on these 9 pages in Illustrator recreating these forms for our business. it had been extremely painstaking b/c I am not that familiar with Illustrator. After I finished everything, my business partner (husband) tells me everything is too large and there is not enough of a margin around the edges. I determined I could shrink the whole think in the Print Setup menu but when I print it is not centered on the page and prints to the upper left hand corner. I have tried draggin it to center in the Print Setup box, but no luck. Is there any way of shrinking it down and centering it without going back and making every single line and text box smaller? Thanks so much!!

...scaling and position is in the general section of the print dialog, i'm on mac but yours should be something similar to this:

...as you can see the "placement" proxy image should have a black dot in the middle, "custom scale" can be enabled underneath, in my example above i have used a 90% in the width, the height is 100%...

...in the "media" section, the size needs to be your printers paper size, in my case A4...

...if you find that your prints are still coming out not in the middle, then you may a conflict in settings, try pressing the "printer" button at the bottom of the print dialog, and have a look through the printer settings carefully...

...if on windows, you can also have a look at your printers in the control panel, right click the one you are using, select properties...

...again have a good look through to see if there are any settings that may be conflicting with illustrator...

...really though illustrator should be controlling what comes out...

andrew

============
============

Andrew:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Worked like a charm! You saved me a ton of work!

Thanks again!

kristi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back