Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reducing Number of Rings before Auto Attendant 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXmann

Technical User
Jun 8, 2002
US
Hi. We have a Magix 4.0 in Hybrid/PBX mode. We have a PRI T1 and a range of DID's. The main number (which is a DID) is 5105. This number does not ring to anyone's phone, it goes directly to the AA. However, it takes 6 rings before the AA answers. I have been asked to reduce the number of rings so that the AA answers right away when someone dials the main number. I do have access to the system via WinSPM, but I am new to this. I am a Definity programmer and this is very different. Give it to me in baby steps please! Thanks.

P.S. 5105 seems to be set up as "operator" but there is not actually a physical phone anywhere with that extension on it.

5105 is SOMEWHERE in the system, so first you need to find it, by printing the dial plan and extension directory from SPM.

You might want to renumber an "adjunct" extension to 5105, and put it in the voice mail cover group. Then make a mailbox 5105 that points to the auto attendant. That should get you there in 1 ring.

Once you find out what 5105 is now, you would renumber it to its default value, so that you can then change an unused adjunct to 5105.

TTT - Thanks, but I really need *baby steps* on this. Is there anywhere I can get a tutorial on Magix?

OK, start here with SPM

System Program
Start
Next Page (Page UP)
Print
Dial Plan
All
(Give it a file name)

Wait for the report to print, and then look for 5105. Report back if you find it, and what "logical ID" or port it says it is, or perhaps which calling group it may be.

Hi PBXmann,

All the Legend/MAGIX manuals are downloadable from AVAYA's website. That is a good place to start.

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

Cool! OK... 5105 only appears once in the dialplan, here:

DIAL PLAN FOR DIRECT GROUP CALLING GROUP
DGCG # 1: 5105 OPERATR

All right, now you want to find out how 5105 gets to the voice mail. Since 5105 is a "Calling Group" (DGCG # 1), I'm going to guess that it "overflows" to the voice mail calling group.

What do you dial from an extension to log into your voice mail?

In SPM look at this:

System Program
Start
Extensions
Next Page
Group Calling
(You might need to do a "more" or Page up here. I don't have a system in front of me right now)
Overflow
Enter
Time Based Overflow
(Look at the number of seconds before it overflows. If it is about 30 or so (6 rings), backspace it out, dial 0 and press Enter.

Soo if this will send calls to the auto attendant right away.

TTT - Thanks! That seems to have worked! I have asked the receptionist over there to let me know if it seems to cause her any other troubles or changes.

I really appreciate the help. As I said, I'm a great G3/Prologix guy with years of experience, but little to none on Merlin. If I can ever return the favor with Definity answers, please feel free to let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back