Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reducing cost of updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanWaterman

Programmer
Jun 26, 2002
GB
I installed Norton 5 years ago when we only had one computer in the house. As the kids have grown up we now have 4 PCs (two desk tops and 2 laptops).

Is there a low cost and legal way to keep all 4 upto date without having to pay for updating each computer every year? I don't really want to have a server solution, besides that will not help the laptops as they are wireless, so can connect externally.

Ian

Most software is moving to a multiple p.c. license. The new Norton will cover 3 p.c.s

Another option is Microsoft One Care. It also covers 3 machines.

Or you may check with your ISP. Many of them offer virus software for free, although you would need to check how many machines you can cover based on thier policy.

Good luck!

I had the same problems you are having now. I switched to Trend Micro Pc-cillin because they have a three licenses seat. What many people don't know is that you can add up to four or five pcs.

Good luck.

Another vote for Avast! (
For personal use it's free. Although it does require registration and an annual basis to continue to receive free AV upates.

Has real-time virus scanning, scans emails, IM, and P2P file sharing.

AV updates are frequent. Been using for years on my personal PCs without any issues.

Peace out.
-gg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back