Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reduce Word 2000 Docs on Taskbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdove

MIS
Mar 20, 2002
GB
In Word97 it doesn't matter how many docs are open it only shows one copy of word on the Taskbar. In Word 2000 it shows every doc that is open...

I'd like to set it as in Word97 but can't find how to..

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

To change from Single Document Interface (where a new window opens for each document) to Multiple Document Interface (where each new document opens in the same window) you need to go into Tool -> Options and select the VIEW tab. Uncheck the box marked "Windows in Taskbar"

Apologies, I've just re-read your post. I thought you were using Windows XP. Unfortunately Microsoft Word 2000 uses true Single Document Interface (SDI) technology and no longer supports Multiple Document Interface (MDI), so SDI cannot be turned off in Microsoft Word 2000.

In Word 2000, the Windows in Taskbar option is not available and I believe you are stuck with that view.
Best,
BH

Bit of a shame as it's possible in Excel 2000!

Thanks again

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back