Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

redisplay parameter form on Reports Runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookouri

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2000
US
I have a reports_25 report that the user clicks on a shortcut to run. The report presents a parameter form for the user to put in a customer number and it prints a form for that customer. They do a dozen or two of these customers at a time. How can I set up my report so that the report is automatically re-presented after each customer is printed, so the user doesnt have to repeatly startup the report from scratch.. I just want the parameter form to be displayed over and over until the user is through. Is this possible with runtime?

thanks in advance for any suggestions..

I don't know of a way from within the report runtime to do this, unless in the AFTER REPORT trigger see if there is a way to (conditionally) re-start the report before it exits.

The report runtime (R25RUN32.EXE) can be run from a DOS prompt or BAT file in batch mode with parameters. Kind of a kludge, but you could point the desktop shortcut icon to a bat file that loops back and re-initiates the report runtime. Read the help screen "Runtime Options Dialog Box" for command line options. A sample command line might be:

r25run32 MODULE=report_name USERID=user/passwd@tns_name

This would fire up the report runtime and present the parameter screen to the user by default. If you added

BATCH=YES PARAMETER_1="ABC"

to the command line, you could run the report in batch mode bypassing the parameter screen. The parameter value could be a DOS variable in the BAT file if you want.

If there is a better way, maybe someone else will post it.
:) Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back