Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rediscovering lost colorizing settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

corolla

Technical User
May 5, 2003
US
I have two buttons that are identical. They are rectangles that are royal blue and yellow-green. I want to use them to make mouseover buttons.

I would take the royal blue button and use the Colorize function under the Colors menu and move the hue and saturation until the yellow-green color appeared. Now, I have lost the hue and saturation settings, but I do have one blank blue and one blank yellow-green button left.

Is there any way to find out what the old hue and saturation settings are by comparing the two buttons, so I can colorize the blue one once it has black graphics and text on it?

Okay, I discovered this in PSP 7, so I'm not sure how much use it will be under an earlier version - you'll have to try it.

It turns out that the Hue and Saturation colorize settings are specific to the target colour irrelevant of the source (in fact, they are merely an alternative to RGB). Thus by getting the target colours actual Hue and Saturation settings, you have the colorize settings - if you follow me. The easiest way to acquire these is by changing a setting. Under Preferences - General Program Preferences choose the Dialogs and Palettes tab, and change the Color Palette from RGB to HSL. Then select the Dropper and hover it above the target color in question and, hey presto, the settings appear. Simply apply these under 'colorize' to your source colour and your target colour should appear.

Note that the third value of HSL is Lightness, but if you didn't change this originally then you shouldn't need to now.

Hope this helps.

Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back