Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirection from one frame to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

yannick

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2001
US
Hi,

I have a web page with two frames. I want to be able to modify the bottom frame using a script called in the top frame. Is it possible ?
I can not do it in html because my top frame is an mpeg4 file embedded where my only way to interact out of it is through a script.
Can I maybe use the javascript ?
Thank u,
Yannick

Thanks...I have checked there and found something interesting.

It was:
top.frame_name.location.replace("
It works but not exactly as I need it. If I call a Perl script like the following code, from Frame A, it will replace correctly the frameB, but it will also change the frame A to a blank page. I want to only change the frameB. Is there a way with the content-type or something not to modify the calling frame?
Thank u !

Code:
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print <<EOF;

<script language="javascript">
<!--
top.frameB.location.replace("[URL unfurl="true"]http://127.0.0.1/blue.html");[/URL]
-->
</script>

EOF

If you use CGI.pm to output your CGI headers you can issue a target command there to target output to a specific frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back