Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

redirecting to a html document on the isa server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rthomas5

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2001
US
Hi, one more question.
I have isa going perfect and if the users hit a page that i
have denied then it redirects them to our home page. I have created my own html document that says 404 forbidden
and your ip has been recorded etc etc etc. Is it possible
for me to put this file on the isa server itself and redirect them to it? The isa server is installed in integrated mode and is nothing but an isa server. I dont have dns installed on it at all. I have spoken with the guy
that does our web page and he said he could put the document on the official web site and i could just point to it which will fix the problem all together but am still wondering if I can direct them to the isa server instead.
Thanks in advance
Have you rebooted yet?
:)

Yep, altough the easiest thing would be to simply put a redirection in to your website.

If not go to your ISA directory and go to your HtmlError folder. Look in there for a error 404 html page. Rename to <name>.html.old and keep it safe. Now copy your custom banned error page to the same place and simply rename it. Tell ISA server NOT to redirect to a specific page though, it will use the ISA server default one, which you have now change!

Good luck, Steve Hewitt
Systems Manager

Hey,
Thanks so much for the advice! :)
Have you rebooted yet?
:)

&quot; Have you rebooted yet? &quot;

I haven't, I run Linux:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor