Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirecting OWA default URL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

teters

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
US
I am running Raptor 6.5 on a Windows 2000 machine. I am trying to set up OWA on our internal mail server (exchange 5.5 also on Windows 2000). How can I redirect the URL that someone puts in to the address bar? For example, a user opens IE and types " - I want that rerouted to " This seems simple enough but I cannot find where to do this. The reason for this is when you type " it brings up my Intranet home page in all its glory. Is there something else that I'm missing in order to stop that from happening. Do I need to turn of Anonymous access? If so, where?
All help is appreciated.[smile]

Thanks.
teters

This seems to be a question on setting up IIS and OWA. The only way I can see this relating to the functionality of the firewall is the DNS settings. If you want " to resolve to another internal server, you should be able to put a host record for the appropriate machine hosting the site.

If " and " are on the same system (i.e. IP Address), then look into the functionality of redirects on the IIS system.

Also, as a suggestion: Since you are probably going to be using this to access your email from the outside world, you should look into setting up secure access (SSL over HTTP/HTTPS) on the IIS system, and creating the appropriate redirects on the firewall.

httpd for Raptor 6.5 does not allow the WebDAV verbs through, and it is usually a bad idea to pass the information across the wire in cleartext.

NOTE: SEF 7 supports the majority of the WebDAV verbs, but it is still a bad idea to have login information go across the net in cleartext.

Hope this helps!

-M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back