Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirecting from an I frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexx2gee

Programmer
Mar 1, 2005
GB
Hi all,

have just spent a while earching here and google and cant find an answer to my question so hope somebody can help!

I have created a form which based on the users first answer dynamically creates the rest of the form in an Iframe. Each form has its own validation/processing etc and all works fine.

The problem I have is the last process I carry out is to run the cariables through an asp page to create a couple of emails and then use the line

Response.Redirect "
to take the customer to the thanks page... unfortunately this redirects within the iframe that the form is set in and I cant seem to find a way to make it redirect the actual parent page... Any ideas welcome

thanks

P

Hi Lexx, You have to use Javascript when dealing with frames:

Code:
RedirectStr= "<script language='Javascript'>"
RedirectStr= RedirectStr& "parent.frames('FRAMENAME').location.href='[URL unfurl="true"]http://webtest.parkdeanholidays.co.uk/promothanks.htm';"[/URL]
RedirectStr= RedirectStr& "</script>";
response.write RedirectStr

Cheers

Nick

where would we be without rhetorical questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back