Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

redirect web traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbd00d

Technical User
Aug 10, 2008
US
Hello, is there a way that I can redirect certain traffic on my computer to another location? For example, when someone types into their browser, it will then go to for example?

Possibly by entering the information in the local hosts file would possibly work. However, if the uses hostheaders this will not work.

What about the proxy capabilities with the browser, and point it to a web server with the homepage set to digg.com?

Burt

some nasty pieces of software will do this very well - call your local spyware/malware kid !!!!!!

but seriously - what are you trying to achieve with this, is it a home pc etc

Laters, phat, headshape

I wrote a program and have lost the source code for it...and it points to out one website for information...unfortunately we are changing the website in the next month or two...and it will break the program. The program is very large, and will not be able to be rewritten in time. Pretty much it goes like this:

Program says 'hello' and sends its ID to the website ( runs a php file and generates a number
Program gets that number.

I would like when the program goes to for 'something' in the middle to redirect it to
Somethingelse.com has the same script...so it would generate the number and send it back.

are you able to edit the program? You can redirect your website in the control panel. You will need access to the website to do that. It sounds like you have access to it if you are changing the website in the next month or two... so hopefully it is a specific page within that site that can be redirected and not the actual home page. You can also specify a different page to act as the home page if need be to accomodate for your issue.

Best,
Maria Santella
Technical Sales Engineer
ICP DAS USA, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back