Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirect On No Answer (RONA) to Same VDN w Priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebuddha

IS-IT--Management
Oct 21, 2003
US
I have been scratching my head over this setup, and was wondering if anyone knew how to make this work. We use RONA to redirect a call to a VDN when an agent doesn't answer. We want to redirect the call to the same VDN, but we need the vector to detect that this was a previously queued call, bypass the main vector announcement, and then queue the call at a high priority.

We don't want to redirect to a separate VDN and vector because we have too many (50 plus). We also don't want to use a generic VDN/Vector for reporting purposes. Here is an example of a simple setup, and what we would like to do.

Sample Current Setup

1 Announcement "Main Greeting"
2 Queue Call to Skill 1 Priority Medium
3 Wait Time 45 Seconds Hearing Music
4 Announcement "Thank you for Holding"
5 GoTo Step 3 If Unconditionally
6 Stop

Here is what we would like to happen on a RONA

1 GoTo Step 9 If Call Arrived via RONA
2 Queue Call to Skill 1 Priority High
3 Goto Step 5
3 Announcement "Main Greeting"
4 Queue Call to Skill 1 Priority Medium
5 Wait Time 45 Seconds Hearing Music
6 Announcement "Thank you for Holding"
7 GoTo Step 5 If Unconditionally
8 Stop
9 Queue Call to Skill 1 Priority High
10 GoTo Step 5 If Unconditionally
11 Stop

What you would like to make is a subroutine. This feature is available starting release 3.

With some problems you have to do consessions. Youre right thats it would be lots of work to program extra vectors for all the queues but if you want the advantage of your rona priority queue i think you will have to unless you are on release 3 of communication manager

I've always had the understanding that if you have an entry in "Redirect on No Answer" and leave the "Redirect to VDN" field blank then the calls that are redirected queue to the hunt group as a high priority. I'm not sure that the call would then be subject to vector rules i.e. announcements.
I use both options - some departments have a welcome message that you would only want the customer to hear once so I've created RONA VDN's. This isn't the best for reporting on total calls but does work well. I've got a total of 129 VDN's so this is manageable.

@TykeUK: in case of RONA the call is placed in front of the queue but not with a specific priority level. Also this call will not be vector controlled anymore so there will be no announcement of music/tone for the caller while waiting.

In general I am not sure if there can be a subroutine created in case of RONA (considering the behaviour when it occurs). I don't have in-depth knowledge of subroutines yet so if it is possible indeed I am very intrested in the solution... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back