Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirect limit for this URL exceeded

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamakesmefart

Technical User
Dec 3, 2003
GB
Hi All

I have been trying to set up a redirection from an Apache 2 server (Win32) to a Tomcat server (RedHat) - without much luck so far - but with the help of various people on this forum, I think I'm getting closer.

Currently, the Apache 2 server accepts all requests that come in on port 80. It serves requests for domain A itself - and uses a NameVirtualHost directive with a ProxyPass to forward requests for Domain B on to a different URL -
When I navigate to domain A, everything is fine. But when I try to navigate to domain B, I get the error message:

---------------------------------------------------------
Redirect limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked.
---------------------------------------------------------

When I look at the request in the Apache 2's access log, I see the requests with a 403 Forbidden status.

I have cookie settings set to allow all - so its not that.

Can anybody help out - this is driving me scatty!

Many thanks
Pete
Devon, UK

Cracked it! Just needed a / on the end of the ProxyPass line - so it becomes

ProxyPass /
Doh! Thanks to Siberian and EricBrunson who put me on the right track earlier in my quest!

Cheers
Pete

Hi Xor

Yes, it would appear that you need the slash on the end of the ProxyPassReverse URLs as well.

Best Regards
Teamakesmefart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back