Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirect incoming mail to multiple users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaking1

Programmer
Jan 15, 2004
TT
I would like to have incoming mail sent to more than one user. For example: orders@mystore.com should be sent to Sales Manager and Sales Representative also.

Hello,
open Mercury
Click
Configuration --> Aliases --> Add New Alias
There you can set orders@mystore.com and also select the recipients devided by a ,

Hope I was able to help you
Floppy

Thank you for response floppy1982.

I have some new questions:
1. Is this method supposed to cause the mail to recognised as "non-local"?
2. The redirected mail is being tagged "non-local" and attempts resolve MX and connect to the mail server then states "Connection Error".

Any suggestions?

I don't know if I understand your questions right so it might be wrong. Sounds funny doesn't it ?? :D

1.) The message will be directly redirected so it depends on the sender and the receipient in the alias table if it will be local or non-local.

2.) DNS Reverse and MX resolving are part of your security settings. Certainly mercury tries to resolve them to confirm that it is a real email.

Hope I was able to help you. If I missunderstood your questions just reply.

Thanks, Flo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back