Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

redirect incoming calls to extension to another extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwesche

IS-IT--Management
Jul 23, 2003
US
We have an operations department that customers call in and enter extension 130 to get to your operations guys, There used to be a person and a phone tied to this extension. Now the person was moved to another deparment, the phone is now being used by another employee who needs his existing extension to ring to it. So now I have an extension that customers call into but no phone to pickup. I need that extension to ring at extension 131. I tried forward no busy but it only works when I am calling from inside. I tried from an external line and the call goes to 130's voicmail after one ring. This whole process needs to be eliminated by simply redirecting the calls coming into 130 to start ringing at 131. Help !!

I just tried FNA to an other ext. and it is working fine when I call from my cell, why it is not working with you?

Place an answer DN for 130 on Ext 131. This will cause a key to flash and ring. Label the key 130. If not answered, the call will follow ext 130 forward programming.

PhM

another way is to set 130 as 2nd answer dn for 131:
go to 131 programming/ans dns/ 130 set it to ring and appear.
This way if someone calls 130 it will also ring 131

that was it guys, I attempted that too just before you posted and it didn't work either. but that was because i did it backwards, I went into 130's programming and set answer DN's on 131 to ring and appear. Which now doesn't make sense.

So I did exactly the opposite that you recommended and bam. I get right to the person at 131 when the outside caller enters 130.

Thanks again Arr and obobob for hanging in there with me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back