Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirect Extension BCM50 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonDill

Programmer
Jun 10, 2009
US
Hello,

We just had a new BCM50 3.0 installed. Is there anyway to redirect all incoming calls to a specific extension to the operator. I want the operator to screen all calls to the CEO and President. I only want the operator to screen the incoming calls. If someone dials the CEO and President internally, I want the call to go directly to their line.

Is this possible with the BCM50?

Thank You for the response. Where do I go to do this in the BCM Element manager.

Thank You again

Better to assign Answer DN to recepts phone of the bosses.Works better than the line way.You will get every call.

Cook1082, How do I do that exactly? I'm new to the BCM50 and the Business Element Manager.

Thanks!

In telephony active sets go to recept set line access and on tab should be ans dn, assign the bosses dn there.

An answer dn will not stop the incoming lines from ringing on the CEO's phone. It will also make internal calls ring to the operator as well.

Your correct I missed the not ring on bosses phone.
The only way is to put his line on the recept phone and make the prime her phone too. The only problem is he will not get any VM the recept will get his calls in her VM box.
If you do the ans DN make his lines appear only.

If you're familiar with MICS and CICS programming, you can still get in through a digital set. Programming is pretty much the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back