Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

redirect calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

test22222

MIS
Nov 15, 2004
CA
customer has an old system, want to transfer calls to his cell phone, I can redirect an incomming line but not forward phone so I tried to forward the phone to ATA and feed it to a trunk then have the trunk ring on his set then redirect calls.
this worked but the quality was very low. is there any other way around.
upgrading the system is not an option.

you are always going to have this problem. I am assuming you are using analog lines. Get a digital circuit into the norstar and you wont have this problem anymore at all.

If you customer doesn;t want to buy equipment, call your TELCO to get call forwarding to his/her cell for couple cents per call.

Thanks for the reply but Telco call forwarding will not do because they have 8 incoming lines, and he only wants his calls to go to him.
The lines are part of a (1-800)hunt group

forwarding an extension is NOT going to work ... it is supported only from MICS 4.1

Do what senk1s says and get a digital circuit into your system. Only way it'll work.

It will work through the NAM as well, seeing teh system isn't that old..

The secret of Joy in work is contained in one word- excellence- To know how to do something well is to enjoy it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back