Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirect Call at VM - Enter Extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adminkirk

Technical User
Sep 10, 2008
US
Hi,

On our BCM400, is it possible to setup a voicemail box in a way that the caller can leave a message or push a series of keys to dial an extension?

"Hi, thanks for calling, leave me a message or press XYZ to be transferred to...

CallPilot --> Auto-Attendant --> Lines Administration (right place?)
Several of the Lines have an "Answer Mode" of "Auto-Attendant." I didn't see anything tied to "AA"

Assumed so, but I was looking specifically for "AA." There are many tied to Auto-Attendant, associated with various Greeting Tables. Will the backdoor one be tied to a specific table or what should I look for configured within a table to identify the backdoor?

Any line that is programmed to auto-attendant will work.Check the line number in element manager and call it to reach the auto-attendant.

So most employee's direct dials seem to be set up like this:

Call to direct number from the outside goes to the Auto-Attendant on their line.

Their line says Auto-Attendant - Table X

The table is set up to play a greeting "Your call will be recorded, yada yada..." and then it also has a CCR Tree associated.

The CCR Tree has:
Key - Home
Type - Transfer
Phone Number - Their DN

So when I dial in to my number, I hear the "Call will be recorded" greeting and I hit * as it was playing. It skipped the rest of the message and rang my phone.

1) * didn't ask for an extension - was this because of the CCR tree?
2) Won't having all of the emloyee's extensions going through the AA cause a problem on holidays where no calls will make it to their VM?

Ok, now it makes more sense.Since you don't have a Home Menu but a Home Transfer it cannot go back to a menu because there's none.
The only option is to transfer to the Dn so that's why it says "There is no recorded message...".
To prove this, disable the ccr tree for one of the table and dial the number, once you hit the mailbox press "*" and you'll be able to dial any extension.
What you could do at this point is to create a ccr tree(Home Menu) with option 1-transfer to the proper dn(remember you need at least one option when you use a Home Menu)then change the operator of the table that you will assign that ccr tree to the same dn.For that table you could use a blank company greeting and put the "Your call will be recorded," in the ccr tree primary prompt.
When the caller calls in they will get a blank company greeting followed by the "Your call will be recorded," ccr tree message then be transfer to the operator of that table that you had defined previously.When they get to the mailbox you could let them know that they can leave a message or press * followed by another extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back