Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redirect based on data in list or form library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovix

Programmer
Dec 3, 2003
US
Hello everyone,

I've been asked to create a solution within our intranet that will force our authenticated users to read and acknowledge our company handbook which outlines several rules and guidelines that every employee should follow.

After reading the handbook, users need to acknowledge that they've read it by completing a form that currently lives in a form library in our intranet.

My Question:
I wanted to know if there is a way to use the form library as a trigger to redirect authenticated users to the handbook/acknowledgment site, only if they have not completed the acknowledgment form.

For example, the workflow will look like this:
1. Authenticated users open their browser which normally defaults to our Intranet Homepage.
2. Sharepoint captures the authenticated username and checks it against the Acknowledgment form library.
3. If an acknowledgment form does not exist in the form library for the user, the user is redirected to the handbook website. OR
4. If an acknowledgment form does exist, the user is sent normally to the intranet homepage.

I'm hoping someone here can either explain how I can do the above, or instruct me on a better solutions to accomplish my goal.

Your help is greatly appreciated...

TIA,
Jovix

BTW, I'm running MOSS 2007, with InfoPath Form.

Thanks again.

You could develop a web part to query the forms library and peform a redirect, if an entry didn't exist. Then place that web part on the default intranet homepage.

Its not a great solution, but it'd work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back