Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redial on 2420's

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2011
US
Have 2 Definity systems in a Lab environment. In 1 system we can redial from 2420 sets and in the other we cannot.
I'm not a Definity guy so bear with me here. Any help would be great.

Thank you

On the extension that's having the issue when you plug in the other 2420 that has the working redial into it and hit redial does it work? if it does the 2420 might just have a faulty redial button. If it doesn't though check the extension's settings in ASA and check to make sure you have it set to the right phone type.

Thanks for the reply. I believe the problem is system wide as no 2420 sets work (redial) on one system and those same sets work (redial) on another system.
Is there a system wide setting to look for? FYI, I only have access through a terminal.

Do the two systems have identical firmware releases?

Do the sets have the same firmware? If you swap the sets does the problem stay with the set or the PBX?

Kevin

The problem stays with the PBX.
Same sets...redial works on 1 system but not the other.

Check the firmware of your digital circuit packs (list conf all) and on the phone itself (status station XXXX). Make sure they are the latest firmware release for your software version. Then double check you have administered the phone as a 2420 and not something else (cha sta XXXX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back