Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Redhat Linux ES3 w/ PERC RAID controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

blainepruitt

Technical User
Apr 18, 2002
US
Greetings all,

Has anyone dealt with Redhat Linux ES3 using a Dell PERC RAID controller version 4e/si? Currently I am unable to get the two to work without using the Dell Openmanage CD, even though I have tried getting the driver off the CD, Dell's site and off of the manufacturer's site to no avail. I'm trying not to use the Dell Openmanage CD since I am building images for our jumpstart server and don't neccesarily wish to create another unneeded partition.

Any help or insight anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-bp

Ironically we were just debating the worth of paying for RedHat's Enterprise product line and the service packages that come with it. Have you tried RedHat support on this one? I'm curious why you're in a public forum for a vendor-supported distro...

BTW, not trying to be crass here; just fascinated at how these things work....

Hosting Solutions for Home or Business.

ES3 is just one of the images I am trying to build, in addition to several other offerings of Redhat. Ideally we would like to keep everything standardized as far as partitioning and whatnot on the images, even the ones not supported officially. Unfortunately I haven't placed a call for this product to the Redhat, but will probably have to do so soon.

Do it..call them.
RH is closed and broken when trying to do it the
traditionally 'do it yourself' *nix way.

Blaine, I don't know if this will be of help or not, but the first step is to install Upgrade 4 available as a download now. I had to do just that this week to get my ABIT SV-1A server board and 3ware sata raid to work (and they do without a hitch). And beyond that, I have to agree with the previous poster, why aren't you using the support you paid for? Use the phone if you want to get it resolved in this lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back