Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RedHat/Fedora Start Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2003
US
Hey all,
Is there any way to replace the RedHat logo that launches the menu with something else like the KDE or Gnome logo?

You mean to tell me you don't like the red fedora? eegads! I don't know how to edit that thing but it looks like the image being used is /usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/48x48/apps/gnome-main-menu.png. You may want to rename it and change the name of another image to gnome-main-menu.png. I'm sure there is a better way of doing it but I'm still having a hard time getting over the fact that someone doesn't dig the red hat.

lol thanx, I just want to customize the hell out of my GUI, I recently shed the Microshaft shackles and wanna totaly make my GUI kick ass, and it just frustrates me i couldn't figure out how 2 change that thing.

KDE has themes where the icon changes as well. just go to your KDE control center.

Want 360 degrees of web design, maintenance, hosting, and advertising solutions for your buisness? check us out at for details!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back