Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

red x in Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2002
US
on my w2k box all the interenet pages show up okay but on my wxp box, on some pages, in some graphics boxes, there is no graphic - just a small red x in the box where there should be a graph or nothing at all. Is there some kind of Active X (or something) driver that I'm supposed to install?

Robert12345 -

If you reload the page does that help, or is it just certain pages all the time? Sometimes, especially if the image is coming from a different site than the main page, you can just time out and not load the image. Alternatively, you may be set to not load off-site images in your browser, so if they come from another site than the main page you would be losing them as well.

Good luck,

Mike

>>you may be set to not load off-site images in your >>browser

could be. where do I check that setting? I didn't see anything in Tools\Options\Advanced that looked like that.

The Show Pictures check box is not selected on the Advanced tab of the Internet Options dialog box under browsing/ multi media.

Problem since updating SP1
thread779-363915

Strange issue with IE
thread779-361026

"Image on a Web Page Appears As a Large Red X"

283807 - Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer

810978 - Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)

Strange issue with IE
thread779-361026

iexplorer 6.0 displays no gifs
thread608-199497

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back