Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Red X icon on Blackberry Server Management Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrazor

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2004
US
When lauching the Blackerry Server Management Console, the current blackberry server has a red x icon posted on it. When trying to launch the server property page, I get "unable to open - not sufficient access". I have check all permissions and everything looks okay. NO changes have been made that would have caused this to occur. The Blackberry services are running normally with users receiving and sending emails. I just can't manage the Blackberry server

Here are the required rights and privileges (as I understand them today) for the BESAdmin account:

On BES:
Administrator

On Exchange:
Exchange view only administrator delegation rights on the highest level of the Exchange server.

Specific rights:
•Read
•Execute
•Read Permissions
•List Contents
•Read Properties
•List Object
•Administer Information Store
•View Information Store Status
•Receive As
•Send As

Hi,
We had a similar problem. Make sure you are up-to-date on all the blackberry server patches/SP's. We also had to run HandHeldCleanup.exe because we moved from Exchange5.5 to Exchange2003 and also changed server names. If you need to run this, read the docs for the correct switches to use.

Hi,

the BES account also needs Log on as service rights and also should not be part ot the Domain Admins group. It should be part of the local Admins group.

I actually had to remove the BES server from the Management Console and then add it back in. If you do this, make sure you have your SRP information.

Thanks for the input.

Netrazor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back