Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Red "X" next to Local Disk (C:) Need help correcting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujump

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2005
US
Hello all,
I'm running a new server Windows Server 2008 Enterprise w/ two 1TB hard drives Raided together using Raid1. Install was good and all was great. The Mirrored disk synced with no problems and all was a go. Boss decided to test the Mirrored disks......so we did......one disk was pulled out while server was powered up and functioning. All worked okay, server kept running and did not loose any data. We put the disk back in and server saw it and started to resync. All data looks good and hard drives are healthy. Problem is now the Local Disk (C:) now has a RED "X" next to it. Don't know what it means and can't get rid of it. Do I need to fix something....I'm lost here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wow. Don't think I've seen someone using software RAID since Windows NT.

Do the event logs say anything? What about disk management?

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

What does it look like in Disk Management?

MCTS:System Center Virtual Machine Manager
MCSE:Security 2003
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back