Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Red Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrysr

Technical User
Sep 9, 2005
US
Using the red eye removal tool on a photo is giving strange results. It will remove the red in the left eye (for example) but the right eye it picks an area of the photo not even close to the eye. I tried making a selection around the eye to force the tool to choose the eye itself but it doesnt work

Any ideas?

...not heard of this before, have you tried trashing the photoshop preferences?

...on mac this can be done by holding down (apple/control + alt/option + shift) on launching photoshop...

Andrew

I tried deleting the presets but it didnt help.

Try selecting the area with the circular marquee tool and desaturating or changing the color of that area. Use Hue/Saturation and play with the sliders until it looks right.

DBX
(Try it my way, it might work...)

kerrysr - As I understand it there are a million ways to accomplish this task. My favorite is to select the red area including a few pixels beyond the red - feather the selected area 1 or 2 pixels. Now with the area still selected, go to Channels and click on the green channel - hit ctrl-c to copy - go to the blue channel and hit ctrl-shift-v to paste inside then go to the red channel and hit ctrl-shift-v to paste inside again. Then click on the RGB channel and see if it worked.

...kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back