Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Red Cross for Pictures in Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

iainwatt

MIS
Feb 25, 2002
GB
I have a user on office 97. When he opens Word with documents with pictures they have a red cross in the box. This same document works fine on a different machine in the same office. I think it might be a problem with the path not being avaliable to the machine where the document is.

Is there an easy way to find out the path of these pictures from word?

Or has anyone else got any suggestions as to what else it might be?

If it is an InLineShape (rather than a Shape), then:
Code:
Dim mInLineShape As InlineShape
For Each mInLineShape In ActiveDocument.InlineShapes
    MsgBox mInLineShape.LinkFormat.SourceFullName
Next

will display a message box with the full path, IF it is a linked OLE image. Run that and see if each image returns a path.

You are probably right that it is a linked file, and on the other machine it can not find the file.

Gerry

Hi Fumei

Thanks for the reply and code. Not a great VB user though, not sure what I need to do with this. I've opened up the VB editor in word but stumble on where I need to put it there to work.

Cheers

Iain

Just found out that they are not linked files. Have opened the documents on my computer and pictures all there, can edit them and they are embedded in the document itself.

So back to square one, looks like it's a problem with office/word itself.

Installed sp2b for office 97, again no joy! Will reinstall office 97 and see how that gets on.

The above link is useful to an extent but the document works on other peoples machines so document not corrupt, etc. Using later version that sr1.

In the end I uninstalled office and used a clean up tool and re installed.

It's working now!

Thanks for the input anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back