Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recycling MetaFrame 1.8 licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

noksa

Technical User
Aug 5, 2003
GB
Hi Experts!

Can you please provide help on whether I can use the existing "Citrix MetaFrame 1.8 for Win2000" licenses after having upgraded to "Citrix MetaFrame XP". I am planning to purchase Citrix Metaframe XP with 5-user connection pack and would like to add (reuse) the licenses remaining from MetaFrame 1.8.

Thanks for any help,

Unfortunately not. MetaFrame XP is version 2.0, and, as with any version increment, new licenses are required.

You can use 1.8 servers in an XP farm, however, for a gradual transistion - just make sure you build the farm in mixed/interoperability mode.

Hope this helps.

Don't forget that xp licenses are shared accross the farm.
If you need more licenses, within the same farm, you one need an additional 5 user pack; nothing more.

The Citrix XP base cd can be installed on as much servers as you like (within a single farm)

Free citrixprinting support

You can upgrade the licenses. You will need to purchase an upgrade from MF to XP and then an upgrade license pack. If I was you i would purchase with Subscription Advantage.

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back