Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recycle Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

itflash

Programmer
Jul 18, 2001
GB

Hi all

Working on an explorer window in foxpro but I cannot access the recycle bin. I know there is no actual path to it, but I've seen it done in other programs so its possible.

I'm on windows 2000 and vfp8.

The target is windows 2003 TS (no other os's will be used).

I cant get it working - tried SHGetSpecialFolderLocation and SHGetFolderPath etc....

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
ITflash

itflash

What are you trying to acheive?
Delete the files from the recycle bin?
SHEmptyRecycleBin Function

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

sorry, no...browse the folder.

I am trying to re-create the windows explorer with treeview and web browser control.

I have nice utility from that provides a quick way of listing directories (well, quicker than my slow treeview). This lists all directories and I'm trying to display files for those directories.

Cant get the recycle bin working.

Thanks

The big problem as I see it, is that there can be multiples. There is one for each local drive, and if the user has something like Norton UnErase running, it keeps another directory of "protected" files.

This may be one of those times when leaving OS things to the OS is a better way to go. The user should know how thier system is set up, what's available in the "trash" and how they need to retrive what's available. That way when they delete something really large that can't be saved, it isn't perceived as VFP's (or you application's) fault!

Rick

thanks for the reply.

know what you mean.

however, the site I mentioned has a good example with VB source code. They manage it, but use a (I think) a VB function or VB provided API call.

I am using their control because it is soooo much faster than a treeview.

Any idea what they could be using?

ITflash

What does the VB source code look like? Most VB code can be easily "translated" to VFP.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back