Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recycle Bin Problems Win 98 SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

feb

Technical User
Mar 31, 2002
GB
While deleting files the following error message appears

"Error Deleting File

Cannot remove folder DI0:Access is denied"

This folder cannot be found on the hard drive
Scandisk runs OK with no problems Help!

Did you checked for hidden folder viz DIO ?
easy way to find is from dos prompt.
give command as c:\> Dir dio* /s /a

If you find it change it's attributes from hidden to normal (archive). The try deleting it. Still if you can't delete boot to ms dos prompt mode by pressing F8 key and from dos prompt delete it.

if folder is not found, there may be some error in your FAT.
try running NDD ( Norton Disk Doctor).

good luck

regards

Apoorva

Or you could change your view settings in WINDOWS EXPLORER (view-folder settings-view-check SHOW ALL FILES), and physically have a look for it, or let FIND locate it for you; that will save you having to mess with DOS if you don't understand it. Regards

Phil

Please tell me if the answer I gave was helpful or a bus ride out. Without your feedback I won't know.

Cyberdyne
thanks pal put me in the right direction folder was hidden but kept regenerating after it was deleted. Some messing about and delete set to no recycle bin and it was gone.
Thanks.

Crusty
Sounds like some thing out of the Simpsons
seriously though I am showing all files by default and find file/folder would not find it.
Thanks to you both for the effort.
A.T.B.
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back