Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

recursive directory listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

damann

Technical User
Jul 19, 2000
US
How can I do a recursive directory listing for a directory on my windows machine.<br><br>I have this directory called stuff, and under stuff I have a bunch of other stuff, folders and files.&nbsp;&nbsp;I want to be able to go inside the top directory stuff, and list all the other stuff under it recursively, until there aren't anymore stuff to list.&nbsp;&nbsp;How do i get started.<br><br>Do I have to use the opendir function or can I use something else, that's more effective and more efficient?

gee thanks...&nbsp;&nbsp;I haven't been on for a while been in the sick bed for a while.&nbsp;&nbsp;Im better now and am continuing my projects Im working on.&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks again...

dir is a DOS command. /s enters subdirectories. Type dir /? for more info about the switches.

I wouldn't suggest using a DOS command for this problem. Better to use Perl's functions. Have you tried the solutions proposed in your earlier thread? If so, why were they not satisfactory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back