Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recurring instances failing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2000
GB
We have just moved the location of our reports from one network drive to another and now recurring instances that have been set up previously are failing.
We use SQL for the APS db and have already edited the runtime_images table to reflect the new location for the reports.
The problem with the recurring instances is when you look at the properties for them in Info Desktop, as they are pointing to the old UNC path location and so they fail when they run.
I have checked all the SQL tables and cannot find where this information is stored!
If the report is scheduled from scratch all is well.
Anybody any ideas?

Cheers

Steve

Hi,

If a report is based on a crystal query or crystal dictionary, the datasource link of the report is to the specific file which contains the SQL query/dictionary.

Copying the report to a new location and changing the report location in the APS does not change the source reference of the report.

To correct the problem, open the report in crystal designer and choose "database - set location". The sourcefile will appear as an arbitrary filename (eg ~ci3c7f.qry). Search for the same filename in the new network location and set this as the report source. Save and close the report, then refresh it on the APS.

If the report is based on an ODBC or direct connection to one or more DB systems then the report should function correctly, providing the required ODBC connections and drive mappings have remained unchanged.

The same strategy holds true for all sub-reports.

Regards,

Gavin

>If the report is based on an ODBC or direct connection to one or more DB systems then the report >should function correctly, providing the required ODBC connections and drive mappings have remained >unchanged

This is how the reports are set up, and yes they do work when scheduled from scratch.
It is the recurring instances that were set up before the move that don't work because they are referencing the old UNC path for some reason.
What I need to know is where I can change this to prevent me from having to recreate 200+ recurring jobs!

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

Have you tried refreshing the recurring schedules by modifying and rescheduling them?

The only report path I'm aware of is the CI_Filepath field in the CI_InfoObjects table, which is joined to the CI_RuntimeImage table on the CI_ID and CI_ReportID fields, with recurring schedules identifiable by CI_RECURPARENTID<>-1. I doubt any of this is new to you though.

Good Luck!

Gavin

Yeah, I have tried refreshing them to no avail.
I really had a good go at trying to solve this before posting the plea for help and found what you also did in the tables. I just can't figure out this last bit though!
Thanks for your input!

Cheers

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back