Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recurring 5711 & 5715 event ids on domain controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenKass

Technical User
Sep 11, 2000
US
We are getting recurring NETLOGON Event ID 5711 messages in the PDC System logs and Event ID 5715 in the BDC System logs every 5 minutes. I have checked all the suggested knowledgebase articles I can find on the MS KB site. I can not seem to find the cause of these errors. We have an SMS 2.o server running as well.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Allen

set all SMS services to manual, stop them, clear the event logs and reboot the server.

just a thought!

Hope this helps....

from technet:

PSS ID Number: Q208237
Event ID 5711 (Successful partial domain synchronization) is an informational event, you generally see on the PDC. This event indicates that a successful synchronization event has occured with a BDC.

PSS ID Number: Q238191
Event Id 5715 - Source: NETLOGON
The partial synchronization replication of the SAM database from the primary domain controller <PDC> completed successfully. X change(s) is (are)applied to the database.

Look at Microsoft Knowledge Base Article Q208237 on the website. This covers it all. Had the same problem a month ago, went through this step by step and all is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back