Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recreate Old Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogers

MIS
Jul 23, 2002
GB
Going through the archive folder, i've come across a couple of astoundingly big folders which I can't match up with any of the existing users fileid in nwadmin. Im presuming this means theyre accounts which have since been deleted, but the archive remains?

Is it possible to see whose accounts these were, either by looking at the files in notepad (or whatever) or creating a user to use that archive folder? Failing that, is it ok to just delete the folder directly?

I ran into that before also and what I did was change the fid on the archive and open it as myself it does not always work but it has for me and sometimes i did not get the From address not sure if it was coruption or not but it has worked for me. Now I have isolated the archives so when we kill users we kill archive also with their personal data. You can just delete them if you are fairly confident the users don't exist anymore it won't hurt the system at all but if can not be recreated if they still exist.. you would have to restore from backup.

Good Luck!

GWAFE510.exe is the utility that you can use to open the archive under your name, it changes the FID to whatever FID you want and then you can connect to the archive

Fred

You have only one life, enjoy it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back