Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recreate links between IIS and Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsv

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2002
US
We have been noticing significantly "slow" delivery performance when users send out messages to 100+ or so recipients. By monitoring the SMTP queues, it appears that there is a bottleneck associated with the number of simultaneous outbound SMTP connections that Exchange allows.

After some research, we think that the answer is:
- Open the properties of the "Default SMTP Virtual Server"
- Select the Delivery Tab
- Click the "Outbound Connections" button
- Change the "Limit Connections to:" and "Limit Connections per domain to:" parameters

When we click the "Outbound connections button, we receive this error "Please ensure that the outgoing connections limit is greater than or equal to the per domain outgoing connections limit.", and the only option is to click "OK".

This error led to trying to modify the Default SMTP Server via the "Internet Services Manager". When we try to open the "Internet Services Manager", we receive this error "Error connecting to <server name>: The system cannot find the path specified. Do you wish to attempt to connect to it in the future?"

Mail is flowing, OWA is working, etc., but it appears that IIS and Exchange have stopped communicating. Microsoft KB 320202 describes how to reinstall IIS and Exchange from scratch, but I really just want to recreate the links between IIS and Exchange.

If anyone knows how to this, please let me know.

Thanks,
BSV

IF THE AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY HAD EVOLVED THE WAY THAT THE COMPUTER INDUSTRY DID, A ROLLS- ROYCE WOULD COST $100, GET A MILLION MILES TO THE GALLON, AND EXPLODE ONCE A YEAR KILLING EVERYONE INSIDE. – AUTHOR UNKNOWN

Sounds more like you have a single server, a certificate installed, and have checked must use ssl. Either that, or a name resolution error.

Name resolution doesn't appear to be an issue. All indications are that the name resolves just fine, the IP resolves correctly, using a browser to access default IIS pages (IISADmin & IISHelp) works, and ping test (local and LAN) are fine.

I'm not sure what you were getting at with the single server/certificate/SSL comment. Please elaborate if there is something else that I should check.

Thanks.

IF THE AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY HAD EVOLVED THE WAY THAT THE COMPUTER INDUSTRY DID, A ROLLS- ROYCE WOULD COST $100, GET A MILLION MILES TO THE GALLON, AND EXPLODE ONCE A YEAR KILLING EVERYONE INSIDE. – AUTHOR UNKNOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back