Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recovery of Domain Administrator password- urgent 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanuser

IS-IT--Management
Mar 16, 2003
SG
Hi,

About 2 weeks back, I installed patches twice to a client's W2k PDC server. The first patch install was ok after the reboot, but I could not reboot the server on the second install as the users were using it. Since that day up to now, the client did not try to login to the server.( she is using administrator id and password)

When she tried to login today, the server rejected the password(password have not been changed at all).Rebooted the server but still the same problem.

Could this be due to the patch? How does one recover/reset the administrator password??

Really need help on this. Thank you

Thanks for the link. Now it seems that no user is able to login to the server machine, even with their accounts added.
Is this due to Microsoft's patches?? Saw a posting with the same issue on the Microsoft's newsgroup but I forgot the link.

The Win2k server has AD btw and the linux crack file that I found from the link does not support AD.

Any kind souls that can point out a link to crack the administrator password on a Win2k AD server? Please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back