Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recovering indexes from tape to different server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bercio

Technical User
Nov 19, 2003
ES
We are running Legato 6.2 on Windows 2000

We have a remote Networker server for disaster recovery, with a different name and IP address than our backup server. It will only be used as a Networker server if the main server is down. It can not have the same name as the main server, because it's being used for other tasks at the same time.

On some tests, we have tried to recreate the client indexes with the index files that we had on disk (on a remote mirror) and it works fine.

In case we don't have the remote mirror, is it possible to do the same but recovering the index from tape without rebuilding it with a scanner of all the savesets? nsrck -L7 does not work, because the names of the servers are different (and can not be the same).
We know the SSID of every index save set. I have tried to recover an index save set of a client with "save set recover". It creates the db6 folder with all its files. The nsrck command says the index is OK, and we can see it from the index tab in the NWAdministrator, but as we try to do a directed recovery it says that the index does not exist.

Is it possible to do it with a scanner of the save set piped to uasm? Which would be the exact command? Has this command a different result than the save set recover option in the Networker client? Why is there difference if I copy the files from tape or if I copy them from disk?

Any help would be appreciated

I've experience in this case. Regarding the Technical bulletin 135. Recover indexing from tape to networker server.
using "scanner -i devices" then it will sync. both between tape and networker index.

hope can help u above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back