Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recovering from a disk crash in my hpt370 raid 0 + 1 array

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0llyR0ger

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2002
US
Greetings. I'm running a Highpoint 370 card in my machine with 4 IBM 40GB drives in a RAID 0 + 1 array. Today I noticed degraded performance from the machine, wierd IDE activity, and abnormal disk noises, so I downloaded IBMs Drive Fitness Test utility to test the disks. Sure enough, one of them is failing. I'm preparing to send the disk to IBM to get a replacement since it's under warrenty.

My question is: When I unplug the bad disk and the other working disk, I see the other 2 disks showing up as a RAID 0 array, as I suspected. However I can't get the system to boot off of that array. The BIOS simply can't find a boot image to boot from and I get a message asking for bootable media.

Does anyone have any ideas to help me out? I really need to use this while I'm waiting for the replacement disk. I've heard of a raidrb utility. Will that help me out here?

Thank You for your help.
Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back