Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recovering exchange 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

prototype999

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2010
SA
I have a single exchange 2007 in our domain, and the hdd suddenly crashed, i will recover the server using the recovery switch but what about the database? if i create a new one then how do i merge the old database with the new one?

If you recover it with RecoverServer switch, all you need is to copy manually databases, and transaction logs, and mount. Keep in mind that with RecoverServer switch, databases, and log paths must be same as on the old server.Example, if you had before database in D:\Database, and logs in E:\Database Logs, you have to keep same path again.

Um, 'the' hard drive? You only have a single hard drive in the entire server?

Normally, a properly implemented server can suffer the complete failure of any drive without a service interuption.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

thanks for the response, yeah its 'the' hard drive, its kinda hard to get budget here until my management suffers, anyway i did install the server again with the recover switch, and i am still waiting for the hdd, the only thing that dint get restored is the ssl certificate on the iis, any idea what to do with it? so i have to generate a new one? or is there any other way to import the old one? thanks.

You cannot import the old one even if you recover it. You have to regenerate a new one.

I tried, it dint work, the csr got different after the new install, so i generated a new one and re keyed it at the ssl providers site, till now i dont have my db, mounted a fresh one and tested it with an ost account, will do more tests in the morning and when im done i will provide the details of what i did to recover the server :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back