Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recovering EBP from disaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbustillo

Technical User
Mar 3, 2004
ES
Hi everyone,

After having upgraded EBP from 3.0 to 3.5 SR1 I tried deleting the upgrading temporary instance by using the windows uninstall feature. Something went really wrong because both instances were in fact deleted...so painful!
Anyway I think the database, which is located on the same host, remains ok.

My question: Is there any way of reinstalling the application and connect it to the database in order to recover my system?? If so, what's the best way to do it?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Dionisio Bustillo.
Seville.
Spain.

Oh, you gotta love that uninstall feature.... solid german engineering at its best ;-)

Solution, was J2EE engine was removed...can be a bugger go get back if you have some customizing.

OK I guess you dont have a backup, anyway just pop the 3.5 installation CD in, start a "central instance" installation no database. .
Then you need to make your best guess about your profile settings again. Download the kernel patches again. If you had (dont cry) a J2EE engine then you will also need to install a new one from the current sapmarketplace download area.

After the installation you should just be able to start your instance and it will connect to your DB and everyone will be happy happy happy...go home and have a beer or two, or since you are in spain some nice wine.

Hey, here I am again!

Firt at all, thanks so much for your reply, I am still waiting a response from SAP though I have to tell that it's the first time they just don't answer...

And sorry for the delay but I've been sent away for a long while...they call it business.

Sometimes is good to be a noob 'cause wrote down everything I did when installing EBP 3.0. I guess I have all the information I might need but I'd like to be sure what's the meaning of "profile settings" (I am not certain of it and I don't want to overwrite anything until I gather all the info I need)

About the J2EE, is still there so I hope I wont have any problem with it.

Well, I hope everything goes fine as you say and I can tell you I'll have that beer on your honor (yes, beautiful cold beer, it's getting kind of hot here for red wine)

Thanks again for your help, thanks thanks thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back