Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Recover a Not a Database File

Status
Not open for further replies.

codo

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2001
ID
I tried to open some foxpro dbf files and then i found "Not a database file". I know it happens because while im open some dbf file the server turn off imediately and made the files crash. How to restore the dbf file to normal again? Usually i open it with microsoft excel and save it again, but the problem is the index file is become unuseable and sometimes the field with date type become Character type.

For a quick recovery you may use FILEFIX from Norton utilities (Version 6 or 8 DOS Version).

But for a save procedure, backup the dbf often. If the this case occur every time, you may backup the dbf everyday.

I think foxfix is good for this problem.I tried its work well.

If you have the software or know someone who has open the table in VFP pack it etc then save as 2.6, used to have to do this all the time where I used to work stumbled across it accidently one day but found it very useful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back